Replied 7 April 2020, 7:07 pm EST
Can you please confirm whether you are using client-side controls (Wijmo) or server-side controls (MVC or MVCCore)?
If you are using Wijmo, then to license your product, you will need to generate a distribution key using the procedure given in the link in the previous post. You can generate the distribution key for targetted domains from the following link:https://www.grapecity.com/my-account/my-licenses#distribution
Once the distribution key is generated, you may copy it and place it in your project as stated in the previous post.
But, if you are using ComponentOne in your project, then you will need to follow a different procedure to license your project.
For MVC or MVCCore application, first you will need to activate the serial key (not the distribution key) in the machine in which you will build your application. You can use the C1LicenseActivation program to register the serial key in your machine:
- Run the C1LicenseActivation.exe, which is located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ComponentOne\C1StartMenu'.
- Fill the Company, user name and the serial key in the dialog box and click on Next.
- If everything is filled correctly, then a dialog box will be displayed saying that your license has been activated.[/ul]
Please note that a single serial key can only be activated on maximum of 2 machines.
Now that your serial key is activated, you can build server side applications:
- Create or open the MVC project that uses ComponentOne controls in VisualStudio.
- From the Tools menu, select GrapeCity > GrapeCity License Manager. The License Manager window will appear.
- Select Create RunTime license from the list of options.
- If asked to Login, then log into the application with your credentials.
- Select the serial key from the list of drop-down options.
- Select the project for which you need to build a license and click on generate.
- Once the license has been generated, a green tick will be shown against project.
If you are using MVC, then a license.licx file will be created in your project and if you are using MVCCore, then a GCDTLicenses.xml file will be generated. Also, if you have created the project using the C1 templates in Visual Studio, then you may be asked to create a runtime license before the project is loaded.
For more information on how to generate license, you can go through the following links:
- For MVC: https://www.grapecity.com/componentone/docs/mvc/online-mvc/Licensing.html
- For MVCCore: https://www.grapecity.com/componentone/docs/mvc/online-mvc-core/Licensing.html
Once the license has been generated in either client-side or server-side project, you can develop your application.