Posted 5 February 2022, 10:07 am ESTI moved to a new development environment. I'm licensed up to 2019v2(375) and have that installed from "Install" tab of Control Panel. However, when I install the Theme Designer from the "Apps" tab, I get version 2021v3(532) of the Theme Designer app installed. While this would be ok in most cases, the newer Theme Designer (532) does not produce a theme compatible with my licensed controls (375).
How do I get a build of Theme Designer that produces themes that can be loaded with .Net 4.5.2 C1ThemeController from 2019v2(375)?
You should be able to replicate my issue by:
1) Uninstall previous versions of controls.
2) Install 2019v2(375) version of controls.
3) Install Theme Designer from Control Panel (I don't see how to choose a version so I guess you always get the latest).
4) Create a new theme based on existing Office2016Black.
5) Change something like font size (step may be unnecessary).
6) Save as new filename.
7) Attempt to load theme on a form that's using 2019v2(375) version of C1ThemeController.
You will end up with an error loading the Theme similar to the Actual Error at end of message.
Note: If you unzip the .c1themez file and examine the .c1theme in a diff program against the unzipped Office2016Black theme that came with 352 you will notice many new XML nodes in the one you create in the steps above. The C1ThemeController(352) is crashing because it doesn't know what to do with this additional information that only newer versions know how to handle.
Cannot load theme from file:
Type [C1FilterEditorStyles] not found..