Posted 8 August 2019, 5:20 am ESTStarting with the 2019 v2 release, we have begun shipping .NET 4.5.2 versions of ComponentOne WinForms controls, and therefore we must switch support for .NET 4.0 to maintenance mode. This will mean that:
- For two years we will continue to include .NET 4.0 versions of the controls in our releases, and bugs will be fixed in all versions.
- New features in existing controls (i.e. new public properties or methods) may or may not be added to the .NET 4.0 versions.
- New controls will be released as .NET 4.5.2 (and later) only. For example, in 2019 v2 we released a new and improved Ribbon exclusively for .NET 4.5.2.
We are committed to providing our customers the latest technology while also providing adequate support for older technologies, so we hope you understand these terms.
Regarding .NET 2.0, we started focusing on .NET 4.0 during the 2015 v2 release. At that time, support for the .NET 2.0 version of our WinForms products became maintenance mode.
- We still include .NET 2.0 versions of our products in our releases, and bugs will be fixed in all versions;
- New features will not be added to the .NET 2.0 versions;
- New controls will not be supported in .NET 2.0.
ComponentOne Development Team