Print rotated 180°

Posted by: info on 28 October 2021, 1:55 pm EST

• Posted 28 October 2021, 1:55 pm EST

Hello,

is there a way to print a 180 ° rotated flexreport?

It’s okay to use flexviewer too, but I need to print directly to a printer, without showing the printer settings dialog.

My need is to give the possibility to print a 180 ° rotated invoice on a user-defined default printer, directly, without preview and without user interaction.

With the flexviewer, even if not visible, I have solved the rotation, but when printing the dialog is displayed.

Some idea?

Greetings

• Posted 31 October 2021, 4:21 pm EST

Hi,

When you want to print the reports directly without showing all the settings behind the printing process, you can use the Print() method of the FlexReport.

PrinterSettings printer = new PrinterSettings();
    printer.PrinterName = "KONICA_GF"; //set the printer
    c1FlexReport1.Print(printer); 

For more details on printing, You can also refer to the blog at : https://www.grapecity.com/blogs/create-custom-print-dialog-print-directly-from-flexreport

Regards

Avnish

• Posted 31 October 2021, 6:32 pm EST

Hi Avnish,

yes, I use this way in other cases.

Unfortunately I need to print the rotated page…

and this can only be printed if the flexviewer print method is called.

If I rotate the page with the flexviewer associated with the flexreport and print on the flexreport, the result is not rotated.

Regards

• Posted 1 November 2021, 4:21 pm EST

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience but you need to use the Print method of the FlexReport to print silently. Is there is a specific reason you want to print the page rotated by 180? Please note there is currently no way to print the report rotated with either FlexReport or FlexViewer. If you print the report after rotating the FlexViewer’s view by 180 even then the report will be printed as normal. Could you please let us know how you are printing the rotated page with FlexViewer?

Regards

Avnish

• Posted 1 November 2021, 9:15 pm EST

Hi,

sorry, I printed the rotated view of the flexviewer on a printer and yes, it prints not rotated.

The need is as follows:

Imagine you have a receipt printer in a restaurant kitchen. There are several people who hang 80mm printers so they can read the print without touching.

In this case it is necessary to rotate 180 °.

Let’s say I solved it with setting up the printer driver but it’s not an elegant solution.

Regards,

Marco

• Posted 2 November 2021, 1:52 pm EST

Hi.

Thank you for providing the use case. We have posted a feature request on your behalf to the dev team. We will let you know when there is a status update.

[Internal Tracking ID : C1WIN-26052]

Regards

Avnish

• Posted 25 April 2023, 8:15 pm EST

Hi,

You can now use the c1FlexReport1.DefaultPrintOptions.IsTurnOver property to print the report with 180 degree rotation.

Please update and let us know if you face any issues.

Regards

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels