Schema Designer in VS2022

Posted by: jeff.davies on 3 August 2022, 1:01 pm EST

• Posted 3 August 2022, 1:01 pm EST

Hi.

I have just been handed an existing VB project in Visual Studio, that makes use of a C1.Data.C1SchemaDef and a number of C1.Data.C1DataSetLogic datasets, and C1.Data.C1TableLogic tables.

I remember from a fair while ago that I used to be able to edit these in the Schema Designer from within VS, but I have no option to do that now in VS2022.

I’ve found an old version of C1.Data.Designer.2.exe and C1.Data.Designer.2.dll, and they run (Version 2.0.20141.273) but I have not been able to get the designer to open the schema which is embedded in a .vb file in the project.

Is the designer still available as an add in to VS, even a previous version?

Or is there some way I can extract the existing schema, datasets and tables somehow, so that I can edit them, or at least visualise them?

Thanks for any help.

• Posted 4 August 2022, 3:20 am EST

Hi Jeff,

C1Data is an old and legacy product and was not designed or tested with VS 2022.

You can try using an old Visual Studio version like 13 and installing the components.

If you do not have the installer you can get it from https://cdn.grapecity.com/ComponentOne/legacy/files/enterprise/C1StudioEnterprise_2014v1.zip

If you face any issues, let us know.

Regards

Avnish

• Posted 7 August 2022, 11:36 am EST

Thanks for the reply and the link Avnish.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels