ComponentOne Online Chats are intended to be informative sessions in which participants can find answers to their general Products, Sales and Customer Service questions. We kindly request that all participants using online chats follow the guidelines laid out on this Chat Code of Conduct. Following these guidelines will help our Sales and Customer Service Professionals help to find the best resolution to a participant’s inquiry.
- Please be polite and professional. Inappropriate conduct or harassment towards chat participants will not be tolerated and the session will be immediately terminated.
- No Vulgar language. Vulgar or abusive language, masked with symbols, characters or otherwise, will not be tolerated and the session will be immediately terminated.
- No racist remarks, sexually oriented remarks, or religious persecution will be tolerated; any such remarks will trigger the immediate termination of the chat session.
- Actions that seem specifically designed to test the limits of what is not offensive and to serve no other purpose will not be tolerated and such sessions will be immediately terminated.
- Any other action that shall, at the sole discretion of ComponentOne employees, be deemed offensive will not be tolerated and shall trigger the immediate termination of the chat session.
ComponentOne reserves the right to immediately terminate any online chat session in which a participant insists on demonstrating inappropriate conduct as outlined, including but not limited to, any violation to the Code of Conduct above. If a participant is in violation of the Code of Conduct a ComponentOne employee may warn the participant for such violation or may, at the ComponentOne employee’s sole discretion, immediately terminate the chat session. Other actions may also be taken against participants found to be in violation of the Code that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving a written warning via chat and/or email regarding the misconduct incident.
- Immediate termination of the online chat session.
- Perpetual banning from one or any of the following ComponentOne services or resources:
a) Online Chat.
b) Telephone services; including Sales, Customer Service, and Technical Support. In the event that you prepaid the discontinued service, such as prepaid technical support, upon your written request you shall be reimbursed the pro-rata portion of the unused service.
c) Other services or resources deemed appropriate for banning by ComponentOne, at its sole discretion. We strive to provide you with the best products and services in the industry, including our online chat service. We’d like to thank you in advance for following the guidelines outlined in this code of conduct when using ComponentOne Online Chat!
ComponentOne reserves the right to change or amend the code of conduct at any time and without notice. Also, ComponentOne reserves the right to continue to do or to refuse to do business with anybody that does not adhere to the guidelines outlined herein. You are encouraged to review these guidelines from time to time to ensure your adherence and compliance.