Introduction to MVVM and Custom Controls
In this MSDN presentation, learn about the role custom controls play in MVVM applications. We'll start with a very brief introduction to the MVVM architectural pattern, assuming that most of the audience has heard about it but most are still learning its intricacies. Then, we'll explain the role played by Control objects in developing MVVM views. Controls are an essential part of the views, and most developers use them routinely.
What you will learn?
- Benefits of MVVM
- Common requirements for customizing existing controls or creating new ones from scratch
- Basic guidelines for creating custom controls
- See how all this works in a sample application with four custom controls (charting grid, animated gauge, map navigation, and transition panel)
What's the takeaway?
Source Code! We will make it available for the sample application and the custom controls.
- Audience(s): Solution Architects, Software Developers, Business Decision Maker, Technical Decision Makers, Developers
- Presenter: Bernardo Castilho, CTO
- Level: 200