Skinning with Expression Blend
1 hr Jun 18, 2009: 1:00 pm EST
ComponentOne's own "Chief Creative Ninja", David May, shows how you can use Microsoft's designer tools to create engaging, professional-looking Silverlight and WPF applications.
Audience(s): Developer, Designer
What we will cover:
- Overview of Expression Blend and some basic layout and formatting techniques.
- Show how we can use some basic design principals to further layout the application components and give our users a better experience.
- Demonstrate coloring concepts, themes, and the use of alpha-blending to keep the design flexible.
- Add a “Glassing Effect” for a professional looking application that's not difficult to do with Expression Blend.
- Brief overview of ComponentOne Studio for WPF and Studio for Silverlight benefits.