The FlexChart is composed of elements that can be customized using its object model. The elements are:
- PlotArea: The area within the axes.
- ChartArea: The area within the control but outside the axes.
- Legend: The chart legend, usually on the right of the plot area.
- Header: The chart header, above the plot area.
- Footer: The chart footer, below the plot area.
- AxisX: The X-axis, usually horizontal.
- AxisY: The Y-axis, usually vertical.
- Series: A chart series.
- SeriesSymbol: A symbol in a chart series.
- DataLabel: A label attached to a data point.
You can use the hitTest method to determine what chart area is under the mouse.