Fast and efficient
Save memory and time with the lightweight API architecture. This imaging API handles even large TIFFs at top speed.
Add text and graphics to images
Dynamically enhance your images with logos, text, and more. With extensive font, layout, and advanced graphics support, you can convert your images into branding elements and make professional cover pages.
Provide top image processing needs
Meet all the needs of a basic image processor: Resize images, convert, create thumbnails, apply watermarks, rotate and flip images so you can align the images in your apps as you need.
Full .NET Core 2.0 support for Windows, Linux, and Mac
Develop for any .NET platform, for major operating systems, with a single code base. Use in your apps for .NET Core 2.0+, .NET Framework, Mono, Xamarin.iOS, and Xamarin.Android.
Apply advanced image effects
Elevate your image apps! Convert normal images into high-quality detailed images in less time. Apply advanced dithering, thresholding effects, half-tone transparencies, resolution editing, grayscale conversion, effects on RGB images and file conversion, and more.
Deploy apps with image processing to the cloud
Be everywhere with cloud-based deployment—with NuGet and GcImaging, you can deploy to Azure, AWS, and AWS Lambda to create services that manage images on cloud, convert them to thumbnails, and add watermarks.
Top Features of this Image API
Downscale images and apply various interpolation algorithims and create thumbnails of any size.
Convert full-colored images to indexed images with palette, or apply color matrix and transparency masks to images
Support advanced text layout engine with full font support, text processing, layout and formatting follows Unicode standards.
Read and write TIFF frames quickly and easily. In addition, apply TIFF compression and color spaces and support tiled, planar, and differencing storage methods.
Extract all EXIF metadata from images, including time taken, shutter speed, focal length, light value, location, flash, title, creator, date, description, and copyright.
Convert images into other formats
Convert images into popular image formats like BMP, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and JPG.
Explore the advanced features of this imaging API
Click through to view the code and download the sample
- Supported image files
- GIF (single-frame only)
- Basic Image Processing
- Bitmap transforms
- Rotate images
- Flip images
- Convert full color images to indexed
- Make a round clipping of an image
- Apply Color Effects
- Adjust brightness
- Adjust contrast
- Change color saturation
- Apply gamma correction
- Convert to grayscale
- Change the hue of an image based on the rotation angle (HueRotationEffect)
- Reverse the exposure on an image (LuminanceToAlphaEffect)
- Edit the opacity on an image (OpacityEffect)
- Convert an image to sepia tones (SepiaEffect)
- Apply Dithering Methods
- No Dithering
- Floyd Steinberg Dithering
- Jarvis Judice Ninke Dithering
- Stucki Dithering
- Atkinson Dithering
- Burkes Dithering
- Sierra Dithering
- Two Row Sierra Dithering
- Sierra Lite Dithering
- Create Thumbnails
- Create thumbnails using different interpolation modes
- NearestNeighbor interpolation mode
- Linear interpolation mode
- Cubic interpolation mode
- Downscale interpolation mode
- Add Text to an Image
- Apply fast or slow antialiasing modes
- Draw text paragraphs in columns
- Draw text using different fonts
- Draw Japanese text
- Draw Arabic text
- Draw outlined text
- Draw watermark on an image
- Fill text with solid or gradient brushes
- Render horizontal runs in a vertical text (Tate Chu Yoko)
- Render text on an image
- Trim text
- Draw Shapes
- Draw geometric shapes
- Fill geometric shapes
- Draw rounded edges
- Use PushClip/PopClip to limit drawing to parts of an image
- Use transformation matrix to draw on graphics
- Linear gradient brushes
- Radial gradient brushes
- Draw geometric shapes with gradients
- Extract Exif metadata
- Extract Exif info
- Remove Exif info from an image
- Camera make and model
- Software used
- Datetime taken
- Shutter speed, aperture, exposure bias, and max aperture values
- Light source and whether flash was used
- Exposure mode and white balance
- Contrast, saturation, and sharpness
- See all Exif tags
Documents for Imaging Samples Browser
Your full-fledged ASP.NET Core sample browser includes all the major features, real-time image files, and use cases. Download individual .NET Core samples that can run as standalones. The demos also include full sample code with comments on every step that can help bring you onboard quickly with Documents for Imaging.Launch the Demo