There is a scenario where the content within the group is spanned over multiple pages; and end user needs some indication about this. It is similar to have a label with text like 'continued...', to show that the group data is continued on to the next page. Attached image shows how a report looks like after the implementation:
The implementation of this feature is very simple and has been explained in points below:
- Place a Textbox on the GroupHeader and use it to count the pages for the group.
- Keep the Visible property of this Textbox as false since we are using it for calculation purpose only.
- Since we are using this textbox to keep count of total pages in the Group, set the following properties for it:
SummaryGroup:- GroupHeader Name
- In addition to this, place a Label control on the GroupHeader with Text "Continued...".
- In the GroupHeader's BeforePrint event, check if the PageCount from the hidden textbox and if the count is more than one, then toggle the visibility for the Label with "Continued..." text to Visible.
I have attached the sample applications to showcase the complete implementation. In the attached samples, location of the Nwind database is set to C:\Nwind.mdb. Modify the connection string to reflect the location of the Nwind in your machine.