Replied 25 July 2018, 8:14 am EST
First of all, I really regret the inconvenience you have to face due to this issue.
Coming to the concern, the behavior that the license screen pops up for all your projects every time you update ComponentOne is very strange. We have never come across any such issue nor any of our customers reported about this everytime they update.
For any nag/evaluation screen issue, following are the check-ups that once ensured resolves the issue forever:
1. Ensuring that the entries for all ComponentOne controls are present in licenceslicx
file for all the projects present in your solution/application.
2. Removing version & token information from the license entries.
3. Setting the SpecficVersion
of all ComponentOne dlls to False.
4. You update ComponentOne using C1Live
, installed at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ComponentOne\C1Live'
5. You keep Visual Studio closed while updating.
6. You are not adding references to your project by any location other than the default 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ComponentOne\WinForms Edition\bin'
However, since you are still facing the issue even after ensuring the above checks, would it be possible for you to share any of your applications, so that we can check what's it's structure and try to find the cause.
Thank you for your cooperation.