Barcode 128 ActiveReports 14J

Posted by: van-thien on 18 January 2024, 2:09 pm EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 18 January 2024, 2:09 pm EST - Updated 18 January 2024, 2:14 pm EST

I migrated the system from VB6 to VBNET.

In VB6, we use the type of barcode is CODE128

In VBNET, the type of barcode is not available type of CODE128

The result of migration when we use a type of Code_128_C is not mapped with the VB6 system

This is the evidences

VB6:

VBNET

Please help me to check.

• Posted 18 January 2024, 5:32 pm EST

Hi Nguyen,

It seems like you are using different versions of ActiveReports, due to which you are observing the change in the barcode types. Please share with us both of your reports, along with the sample data to test them, so that we can look into them. Also, you may use the following barcode types based on the type of data that you are using:

• Code_128_A: It uses control characters, numerals (0 to 9), punctuation, and upper case alphabets (A to Z)
    • Code_128_B: It uses punctuation, numerals (0 to 9), upper case, and lower case alphabets
    • Code_128_C: It uses only numerals (0 to 9)
    • Code_128auto: It uses the complete ASCII character set and automatically selects between Code 128 A, B and C to give the smallest barcode
  • Posted 18 January 2024, 8:37 pm EST - Updated 18 January 2024, 8:41 pm EST

Hi Katyayny,

It seems like you are using different versions of ActiveReports=> Yes, VB6 is active report 1.5j and VBNET is active report 14j

I give you the sample data to test them: 001

I am using the Code_128_C of the barcode type.

But I use the device to scan this barcode the the result of VB6 and VBNET is

VB6: 001

VBNET: 0001

I attach the report file of VB6 and VBNET:

VB6: rptDVBarCode.zip

VBNET: rptDVBarCode_VBNET.zip

Please help me to check again.

Thank you very much

• Posted 18 January 2024, 9:10 pm EST

Hi Nguyen,

Code_128_C is a numeric-only barcode type that is encoded in pairs and will add a zero to the beginning of the data if there is an odd set of numbers because it requires that an even set be used.

I would suggest you use Code_128auto to resolve your issue, as it will automatically select between Code 128 A, B, and C to give the smallest barcode.

You may also refer to the following Stackoverflow thread regarding the same:

Hope this helps!

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels