Posted 11 July 2022, 2:44 am EST
We had to go back to AR11 from AR16 due to the slow printing that is a known issue in AR16.
Steps I did:
- Removed AR16 from Control Panel/Programs
- Changed my solution to reference the AR11 DLL and not the AR16 DLL.
- Went from .NET 4.8 to .NET 4.6.2 (since AR11 works up to 4.8)
Two issues we have discovered so far.
- Some images saved when running on AR16 do not pull up correctly when on AR11 (some are fine, some are missing lines). We read the saved RDF from a SQL table and display it.
- The reports run fine (and fast to a printer), but we can’t save it to an XLS on some systems. Dim xls As New GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Excel.Section.XlsExport xls.FileFormat = GrapeCity.ActiveReports.Export.Excel.Section.FileFormat.Xlsx xls.Export(in_myDoc, in_file) xls.Dispose()
the line that is crashing the system is the xls.Export(in_myDoc, in_file). the event viewer is showing it is an appcrash (this is .NET4.8, but same occurs for all .NET): Faulting application name: Menu.exe, version: 4.2207.8.11, time stamp: 0x62cc4368 Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.4515.0, time stamp: 0x624cf48c Exception code: 0xc00000fd Fault offset: 0x0004d4f6 Faulting process id: 0x1b88 Faulting application start time: 0x01d8953ca7899396 Faulting application path: C:\pgm\Menu.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll Report Id: 0456d867-15e5-4372-a8f1-beddfc1a6390 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: