How TO Export Report As OF microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook?

Posted by: imorxr on 4 August 2017, 6:07 am EST

• Posted 4 August 2017, 6:07 am EST

Is Possible to export as of microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook using visual basic ?

Hello,

Thank you for your question. You can specify the version of Excel to export to via the version property. You can find some additional information about using this property here:

http://www.datadynamics.com/Help/AR2Exports/HX_Excel_Property_Version.htm.html

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you!

Eric

Dear ActiveReports Support,

I have try to export file .xls using All possible Version ( 2,3,5.. and last is 8 ) using object ActiveReportsExcelExport.

But all option of property version can not create  'microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook.

ActiveReportsExcelExport Version  2 = Microsoft Excel 2.1 Worksheet

ActiveReportsExcelExport 3 = Microsoft Excel 3.0 Worksheet

ActiveReportsExcelExport 4 = Microsoft Excel 4.0 Worksheet

ActiveReportsExcelExport 5 = Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook

ActiveReportsExcelExport 7 = Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook

ActiveReportsExcelExport 8 = Microsoft Office Excel Workbook

Is Possible to export xls file with the final resul of xls file is 'microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook' ?

thanks, imorxr

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, those are the only versions you are able to specify for your export.

Will none of these versions work well for you?

Are you encountering any errors or abnormal behavior?

Why do you need your export to be specifically a “microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook”? In my testing Excel is very versatile in the versions it supports opening.

Thanks,

Eric

All of these version work well for me.

But some time, when i export excel using version 8 ( Microsoft Office Excel Workbook ) and then opened  by other user using microsoft office 2003 sp 2, that user can not open it and will get error :

{

Errors were detected in ‘Report.xls’ but Microsoft Office Excel was

able to open the file by making the repairs listed below. Save the file to make

this repair permanent.

Damage to the file was so extensive that repair not possible. Excel attempted

to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

}

So, to break this problem, i have to save as it as ‘microsoft excel 97 - excel 2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook’  before opened by that user.

thanks for ur advice, imorxr

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. After performing a Google search for this error message it appears to be a common problem experienced using Excel. Please reference the following Microsoft support article for additional information about this message.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820712

Also, the following is a Google group discussion about the message you recieve:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/4486d3c308d5faa4

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you!

Eric

Get latest version of exclexpt.dll. It works.

Dear Ericc, via

Ericc, thanks a lot for ur assistance. Now i understood ‘hot point’ of that error. Thanks.

Best regards, hari

• Posted 29 October 2018, 8:11 pm EST

For exporting in ms-excel I mostly prefer version 8 because with this version I can do this easily. If anyone facing a problem with ms-office and has an issue like a setup issue, installation issue then you can easily take help from this site http://www.msofficetechnicalsupportnumbers.com/blog/fix-xbox-error-code-0x8027025a/

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels