Server 2022 Compatibility

Posted by: richard.cannonjr on 2 May 2023, 2:30 am EST

• Posted 2 May 2023, 2:30 am EST

We’re using the WebForms C1.C1Report.4.dll (Version 4.6.20131.54624, 08/27/2021) in our .Net Framework 4.5 reporting projects and have found that the larger PDF’s no longer render and error out after we recently upgraded our site from Server 2012 to Server 2022. I was unable to find much on compatibility here on the site, and wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or may have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!

• Posted 5 May 2023, 4:50 am EST

Hi Richard,

We are sorry for the inconvenience but we were unable to replicate the issue at our end. Please find the attached sample for reference that is used to replicate the issue.

Please modify the sample depicting your issue so that we may replicate at our end.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

C1Report_export.zip

• Posted 5 May 2023, 5:42 am EST - Updated 5 May 2023, 5:47 am EST

Hi Manish,

The project is too big. It is 26.7Mb with the Telerik DLLs. I will pull the larger files out of the bin directory and send it. The page in the project that calls the C1.C!Report is WRS_Zip.zip\WRS_Zip\Reports\WRSViewer.aspx. I tried the latest C1.C!Report4.dll from 07/2022, and the report still errors on PDF files. We rolled the server back from 2022 to 2012 and all is working again. I also attached the error we are seeing. Thanks!

WRS_Zip.zip

• Posted 8 May 2023, 8:17 pm EST

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing the sample but this is not executable and we are unable to find the report.

Could you please share the executable project or share the C1Report and the corresponding DataBase?

Regards,

Manish Gupta

• Posted 13 June 2023, 12:37 am EST

Hi Manish,

I’m sorry for the delay. I’ve tried zipping up the executable project, but it exceeds the maximum file size for your site of 5Mb. As our database contains sensitive data, I am unable to provide that as well. My question is what would cause your WebForms C1.C1Report.4.dll (Version 4.6.20131.54624, 08/27/2021) DLL to throw the “We can’t open this file, something went wrong” message? Is it possible to get a version of this file that dumps the true error messages like we would expect from a typical try/catch code setup? The DLL is working fine now since we rolled the server back to 2012. I’m pretty much at a stopping point on this. Any ideas? Thanks! Rick

• Posted 14 June 2023, 5:39 pm EST

Hi,

You may remove the bin and obj folder from the project if not needed. Also, you may share the project on our private portal which is private to you and us.

https://www.grapecity.com/my-account/my-support/

Also, you may share the database backup with the dummy data to avoid your privacy and sensitive data.

We can’t say more until we are able to replicate the issue at our end since it is quite a strange issue since it works fine for Server 2012 and not working for 2022. Also, we are unable to replicate the issue at our end on Server 2022 too.

Please share the demo project depicting your issue so that we may investigate.

PS: Please check that the large file is allowed to transfer from server to client on IIS. And add the try-catch block to get the issue cause that might help us further.

Regards,

Manish Gupta

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels