2020 v1 just released! Find out what's new

Posted by: greg.lutz on 6 April 2020, 5:44 am EST

• Posted 6 April 2020, 5:44 am EST

We're excited to announce the ComponentOne 2020 v1 release is now available. This release focuses on data — new ways to connect to online data sources, cross-platform data set management, a new UI to present data, data analysis features, and data integration from different sources across.

Find Out What's New in ComponentOne 2020 v1
    https://www.grapecity.com/blogs/componentone-2020-v1-release
    Download the latest version through the C1ControlPanel
    https://www.grapecity.com/en/download/componentone-studio
  • Replied 7 April 2020, 12:37 am EST

The feature "Data Virtualization" sounds interesting. Do you have a full sample?
    I hope this feature is also available in .NET Framework 4.6.

By the way: the relevant DLL "C1.DataCollection.dll" lacks the xml doc file in my installation and also in the download from prerelease.

Best regards

Wolfgang
  • Replied 7 April 2020, 1:28 am EST

wknauf said:
    The feature "Data Virtualization" sounds interesting. Do you have a full sample?
    I hope this feature is also available in .NET Framework 4.6.

By the way: the relevant DLL "C1.DataCollection.dll" lacks the xml doc file in my installation and also in the download from prerelease.

Best regards

Wolfgang

Yes, the sample is called Virtual Mode and it's part of the C1DataCollection101 solution project here: \Documents\ComponentOne Samples\WinForms\v4.5.2\C1DataCollection\CS\C1DataCollection101.
    The DataCollection library is .NET 4.5.2 so it should work with .NET 4.6.
  • Replied 7 April 2020, 1:45 am EST

Sorry, it does not compile - I copied this directory to c:\temp, and it does not seem to resolve the Nuget packages and the C1 dlls:

Error occurred while restoring NuGet packages: Failed to retrieve information about 'C1.Win.DataCollection' from remote source 'http://nuget.grapecity.com/nuget/FindPackagesById()?id='C1.Win.DataCollection'&semVerLevel=2.0.0'.
    1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: C1DataCollection101, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
    1>C:\Temp\C1DataCollection101\ViewModel\VirtualModeCollectionView.cs(1,7,1,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'C1' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    1>C:\Temp\C1DataCollection101\ViewModel\YouTubeDataCollection.cs(8,7,8,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'C1' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    1>C:\Temp\C1DataCollection101\View\Filtering.cs(5,7,5,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'C1' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Could you take a look at it?

C1DataCollection101.zip

Thanks

Wolfgang
  • Replied 9 April 2020, 9:16 am EST

Hi Wolfgang,

I was able to run your sample. We have the nuget packages published to NuGet.org, so I suggest to remove the nuget.grapecity.com path and try again.

To work around it, you could go to Tools - Manage Nuget Packages for Solution, and Uninstall the DataCollection package.

Then manually add references to the
    C1.Win.DataCollection.DLL
    C1.DataCollection.DLL
    by browsing to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ComponentOne\WinForms Edition\bin\v4.5.2
  • Replied 7 April 2020, 2:28 am EST

After disabling the GrapeCity package source, it worked without any other change:

Is this repository broken? I upgraded C1Studio today using the online installer, and though I had disabled this package source yesterday, it was reenabled by the installer.

Would be great if you could provide the "VirtualMode" part of the sample also using a C1FlexGrid - this would be very helpful for me to decide whether it is relevant for our app. Currently, we have a similar (?) "virtual mode" approach by using a "IBindingList" as C1FlexGrid DataSource, and I have the feeling that it might be better to use the new component.
  • Replied 9 April 2020, 12:30 pm EST

That repository is not broken, but we have not updated the packages there in quite a while. We are transitioning away from using it. The samples should pull the latest/correct versions from Nuget.org, at least in theory.

The good news is that the VirtualMode sample is very easily supported with FlexGrid. All you have to do is swap out the DataGridView with FlexGrid.

I stripped out the code just needed for the VirtualMode sample, and added it to a new sample using FlexGrid. See the attachment. I also included the control DLLs if there's any issue finding them.
    FlexGridVirtualMode.zip
  • Replied 7 April 2020, 7:35 pm EST

Great, thanks! This seems to be much easier than our previous approach.

I could not build the sample, because the file "C1.DataCollection.BindingList.dll" file was missing - probably because this package has version 1.0.20201.14, and the installed "C1.DataCollection.dll" is older (1.0.20201.4) - the file was probably added in .14. Keep in mind to provide this file ;-). I pulled it from nuget: https://www.nuget.org/packages/C1.DataCollection.BindingList/

Todos for you:

• add C1.DataCollection.xml file to setup and prerelease zip.

• remove the Grapecity Nuget repository from VisualStudio or fix it not to return "404" codes. It seems that currently it breaks Nuget if this repository is activated. While tracking another (not C1 related) error, we did a "Update-package -reinstall" in one of our solutions, and this failed with a non-C1 dll:
      An error occurred while retrieving package metadata for 'Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework' from source 'GrapeCity'.
      Failed to fetch results from V2 feed at 'http://nuget.grapecity.com/nuget/FindPackagesById()?id='Microsoft.AspNet.Identity.EntityFramework'&semVerLevel=2.0.0' with following message : Response status code does not indicate success: 404 (Not Found).

Best regards

Wolfgang
  • Replied 9 April 2020, 3:15 am EST

Thank you for the feedback Wolfgang,

Much appreciated,
    Greg Lutz
Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels