C1ComboBox1 after update from (2023v2(596) (4.8) to 2023v2(611) (4.8))

Posted by: saidnai on 21 December 2023, 12:08 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 21 December 2023, 12:08 am EST - Updated 21 December 2023, 12:13 am EST

Hi,

Yesterday i have updated the C1Compnonent 4.8 from 2023v2(596) to 2023v2(611). The C1ComboBox1 is loading the data very very slow and makes the user waiting for a long time the next step. The code is as follow:

in one case as follow the SQL string:

Private Sub fuelleULieferantID()
        Try
            Dim ds As New DataSet
            Dim da As Odbc.OdbcDataAdapter
            "Select field1, field2, field3, field4, field5, field6, field7, field8, field9, field10, field11 from Table 
              order by field2"

da = New Odbc.OdbcDataAdapter(SqlStr, connectionString)
            da.Fill(ds, "ULieferantList")
            With UrsprLieferant_ID
                .ClearItems()
                .DataSource = Nothing
                .DisplayMember = "kunde_name"
                .DefColWidth = 431
                .ValueMember = "ID"
                .DataSource = ds.Tables("ULieferantList")
                .Splits(0).DisplayColumns(0).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(2).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(3).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(4).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(5).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(6).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(7).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(8).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(9).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(10).Visible = False
                '.Splits(0).DisplayColumns(11).Visible = False
            End With

Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox("Fehler 'fuelleULieferantID' : " & vbCrLf & ex.ToString, MsgBoxStyle.Critical)
        End Try
    End Sub

Can you please advise what the problem is?

Best regards

Said

In the previous version 2023v2(596) (4.8) there was no problem.

• Posted 21 December 2023, 9:02 pm EST - Updated 8 January 2024, 5:41 pm EST

Hello Saidnai,

Thank you for providing the screenshot and code.

There is a known issue [Internal tracking ID: C1WIN-31483] that occurs when you set Forms’s Font (via designer or code) before setting C1Combo’s dataSource. If this is your use case, then you can set the Forms’s Font after setting the C1Combo’s dataSource as a workaround for now. Please refer to the attached sample. (see Combo_PerformanceTest_VB.zip)

If this is not your use case, could you please update the attached sample to replicate the behavior or, if possible, provide us with a stripped-down sample of your project so that we can investigate the behavior further on our end and assist you in the best way possible?

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 21 December 2023, 11:11 pm EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

I have attached a sample how it looks in the project. Please be informed the data comes from the SQL-Server and the delivered record number from the query is 10712records.

I had to delete the Dlls from the samples other i cannot load it.

I use VS2022 Visual Basic / Windows 10.

Best regards

Said

C1Combobox.zip

• Posted 25 December 2023, 11:05 pm EST

Hello Said,

Thank you for providing the sample. This issue seems to be caused by the Font property of the C1Combo. We have escalated your use-case to the developers. Rest assured, as soon as we obtain the necessary information, we will communicate it to you.

However, until then, you can set the font of C1Combo after you are done setting other properties of C1Combo. Please refer to the attached modified sample. (see Combo_PerformanceTest_VB_Mod.zip)

Regards,

Uttkarsh

• Posted 26 December 2023, 8:44 pm EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

I have try it. No change at my end. The performance still a problem.

Best regards

Said

• Posted 27 December 2023, 7:45 pm EST

Hello Said,

That is strange, as we can observe better performance than before after removing C1Combo’s Font property if it has been set anywhere in the code and setting it after the whole C1Combo control is initialized. Please refer to the attached image to see the comparison of time spent setting the data source. (see TimeComparison.zip)

Could you please confirm if you have removed the C1Combo.Font set by the designer in your Forms’s InitializeComponent() method? Please refer to the attached image. (see InitializeComponent().zip). Also, please check if you have removed any instances of setting C1Combo.Font before setting the DataSource.

Also, could you please share the following:

1. A screenshot of the output that you got after running the sample we provided you in the last response
    2. Control Version
    3. OS Version
    4. VS Version

so that we could replicate the behavior on our end?

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 27 December 2023, 11:42 pm EST - Updated 27 December 2023, 11:48 pm EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

See attached:

Visual Studio 2022 see picture.

Version 22H2

Installiert am ‎06.‎03.‎2023

Betriebssystembuild 19045.3803

Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Control Version: Picture

Best regards

Said

• Posted 28 December 2023, 11:11 pm EST

Hello Said,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the issue is only occurring on our side because of the font. Whether you set it for the Form or the C1Combo, it will affect the performance.

We checked the sample you provided to us and found that you were setting the C1Combo font using the designer. We removed it and set it to last, and performance increased. Please refer to the attached GIF demonstrating what we have tried on our end. (see C1ComboPerformance.zip)

Are you doing something different with your project? We are not able to replicate this behavior. Could you please run the attached sample on your end and share the output difference with us? (see C1Combobox_Mod.zip)

Also, we have attached our environment details. (see Env.zip)

We noticed in your last screenshot that the select statement was different. If you are using different data, could you please share dummy data based on that so that we can check it too?

If data is sensitive, then you can create a support ticket for private support, or we can create one for you. You can create a support ticket here : https://developer.mescius.com/my-account/my-support/newcase

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 2 January 2024, 12:43 am EST - Updated 2 January 2024, 12:48 am EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

I have done the same what you instructed. Still not working. The reason after my investigation is that the C1Combo is in C1DockingTab1 (See Pic1). As i took the C1Combo out of it , it works.

I have never had this problem before. I hope the developers can clear this issue. Becasue i have the same function in many forms and many applications and the users are claiming performance problem.

Waiting for the problem to be solved, i have used another way. I show the data needed after changed event of the C1Combo. Otherwise i have to change the layout everywhere.

Best regards

Said

• Posted 2 January 2024, 9:02 pm EST

Hello Said,

It is good to hear that you have managed to apply the workaround to resolve the issue at your end.

We have tried to use the C1Combo with the C1DockingTab but the issue is still not replicable. Could you please see the attached sample and see what you are doing differently in your app that is causing the issue?

It will be very helpful if you could modify the attached sample.

Regards,

Prabhat Sharma.

Combo_PerformanceTest_VB_Mod.zip

• Posted 4 January 2024, 9:46 pm EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

I have prepared the code sample as use it and the performance is too low.

Please add the Dlls, I took them out from the debug folder, otherwise i cannot upload the zip file.

Best regards

Said

C1Combobox.zip

• Posted 7 January 2024, 8:00 pm EST

Hello Said,

We extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. After looking into your sample, we found that this issue is caused by altering the font of C1Combo in both a direct and indirect way.

1. Direct way: when you set the Font of the C1Combo as c1Combo1.Font = something;

In your sample, the following two lines of code in the designer were directly altering the C1Combo’s Font:
    ID.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Microsoft Sans Serif", 8.25!, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold)
    SCountry.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Microsoft Sans Serif", 8.25!, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold, System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit.Point, CType(0, Byte))
    1. Indirect way: when you set the Font of any of the parents of C1Combo. For example, if we have a panel (p1), another panel (p2) on p1, and a C1Combo on p2, then p1.Font, p2.Font will also cause this issue. Also, if you have set the Font of the Form itself, this will also cause this issue, as Form is a parent control too.

In your sample, the following two lines of code in the designer were indirectly altering the C1Combo’s Font:
    C1DockingTab1.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Microsoft Sans Serif", 8.25!, System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold)
    GroupBox1.Font = New System.Drawing.Font("Microsoft Sans Serif", 8.25!, CType((System.Drawing.FontStyle.Bold Or System.Drawing.FontStyle.Underline), System.Drawing.FontStyle), System.Drawing.GraphicsUnit.Point, CType(0, Byte))

Please refer to the attached modified sample. (see Combo_PerformanceTest_VB_Mod.zip)

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 8 January 2024, 12:18 am EST - Updated 8 January 2024, 12:23 am EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

I have adjusted your sample with the right code (see sample.jpg).

In the application i do the same and change all as per your sample. No way (see Application.jpg).

I do not understand what i do wrong.

Best regards

Said

• Posted 8 January 2024, 6:13 pm EST

Hello Said,

Based on our observations, it appears that the issue you are experiencing is only related to the fonts. Both of the samples you provided previously were causing the performance issue because of the Font set in the designer.

• Is the sample provided by us in our last response performing well on your machine?
    • Could you please try to comment out all the lines where Font is set in your project once and then try to check the performance?
    • If the performance is improved, then could you please figure out the line of code causing the issue by uncommenting the commented lines one by one?

Please try to debug your code and share your observations with us so that we can assist you further. We need to ensure that this issue is related to Font. As this is a known issue. And please let us know if there’s still performance issue after commenting all lines where Font is set.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 18 January 2024, 10:23 pm EST - Updated 18 January 2024, 10:28 pm EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

The font used in the application is based is set in the Form Designer. I do not assign any Font in my code.

now all department are claiming the performance problem since i moved to 4.8. If this problem not solved i have go back to 4.5.2.

It is really amazing in the past, the font was not problem. The application was running good.

Best regards

Said

• Posted 21 January 2024, 4:28 pm EST

Hello Said,

We understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience.

This issue is fixed in the latest 2023v3 HF (636) release. This release is currently available for installation from NuGet and will be available for update from ComponentOneControlPanel in a few days.

Nuget : https://www.nuget.org/packages/C1.Win.C1List/4.8.20233.636

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 6 February 2024, 12:50 am EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

After some weeks waiting i have downloaded the file and exchanged the “C1.Win.C1List.4.8.dll”. Unlikely it is not working. When i add it to the project. It is asking for another “C1.Win.C1List.Combo.DLL” that i do not have.

Best regards

Said

• Posted 6 February 2024, 10:57 pm EST

Hello Said,

We are sorry, but there is no DLL named “C1.Win.C1List.Combo.DLL” in the WinForms suite. We are unable to figure out how you might be getting this error.

We tried to create a project with the 4.5.20232.620 version of C1List and then migrated it to the 4.8.20233.636 version of C1List. We could not replicate the error mentioned.

Could you please provide the DLLs you are using and a screenshot of the error you are getting on your end?

If possible, could you please provide us with a sample replicating the error or update the attached one so that we can investigate it further?

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

Combo_Update.zip

• Posted 12 February 2024, 3:03 am EST - Updated 12 February 2024, 3:08 am EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

Please use the attched prj it is in VB. I do not use C#.

You need to add the DLLs as in the picture and see also the date of them. After running the application there will be DLLs conflict.

Best regards

Said

Combo_PerformanceTest_VB.zip

• Posted 12 February 2024, 10:12 pm EST

Hello Said,

The version conflicts in your project are occurring because you have some assemblies referenced from nugets and some from the local path “C:\Program Files (x86)\MESCIUS\ComponentOne\WinForms\bin\v4.8”. To resolve this issue, please follow the following steps and let us know if the issue is resolved or not:

1. Remove all the references from your project. Please refer to the attached GIF, RemoveReferences.zip.

2. Now there are two ways to add references to the assemblies. Please choose one of the following ways:

a) add all of the assemblies from nuget: Please refer to the attached GIF, UsingNuget.zip

b) add all of the assemblies from the local path: Please refer to the attached GIF, UsingLocalPath.zip.

Please note that while adding references from the local path, make sure that you have already upgraded to version 636 using ComponentOneControlPanel.

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 15 February 2024, 2:06 am EST - Updated 15 February 2024, 2:11 am EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

I know what you mean. here the steps that i have done:

1. I have downloaded the package. It containes only the DLL “C1.Win.C1List.4.8.dll”.
    2. i renamed the old “C1.Win.C1List.4.8.dll” to “C1.Win.C1List.4.8_20231116.dll”.
    3. The new downloaded Dll “C1.Win.C1List.4.8.dll” from 15.2.2024. I have copied in the folder: “C:\Program Files (x86)\MESCIUS\ComponentOne\WinForms\bin\v4.8”.
    4. I opened the project and removed all the Dlls.
    5. I cleared the file licenses.licx.
    6. i have added the Dlls from “C:\Program Files (x86)\MESCIUS\ComponentOne\WinForms\bin\v4.8”
    7. I have update the file licenses.licx.
    8. I compiled the project
    9. i have run it.
    10. no way see attched jpg.

I think there is a DLL conflict the DLL is 4.8.20233.636 the old ones are 4.8.20233.631.

Best regards

Said

• Posted 16 February 2024, 12:00 am EST

Hello Said,

Adding a v636 DLL in the folder where all other DLLs are of version v631 is causing this error. C1.Win.C1List is dependent on C1.Win DLL and, in your case, C1.Win’s version is v631, which is less than C1.Win.C1List.

The method you are using is not recommended, as it will result in errors that will be hard to identify and resolve.

To avoid these types of issues, please make sure that all of the referenced DLLs are of the same version.

The recommended way is to update all of the v4.8 C1Controls together by clicking the “Update” button in ComponentOneControlPanel instead of downloading the build by clicking the “Download Zip” button. Please refer to the attached image (see Update.zip).

If you want to use your method to upgrade specific DLLs only, please update the C1.Win DLL in the same way you updated C1.Win.C1List. The issue should be resolved.

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 19 February 2024, 6:43 pm EST - Updated 19 February 2024, 6:49 pm EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

I know the method i used it will not work because the versions are notthe same.

Some issues from my side:

I cannot do the update because:

1) There is no update button.

2) The v636 DLL still not be available.

See attached picture from ComponentOneControlPanel.

Best regards

Said

• Posted 20 February 2024, 11:14 pm EST

Hello Said,

The “Install” tab contains major releases only. For HotFix releases, you’ll have to

1. open the “Build Repository” tab,
    2. check the “Include Prerelease and HotFix Versions” option,
    3. select the product,
    4. then framework,
    5. then the desired version,
    6. and update.

Please refer to the attached GIF to see how to update to HotFix using ComponentOneControlPanel (see update_HotFix.zip).

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 23 February 2024, 1:17 am EST

Dear Uttkarsh,

Perfect. This is working.

Thank you and to all the Team behind.

Best regards

Said

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels