C1FlexReport: PageHeader renders field from previous group (regression in .636)

Posted by: wknauf on 18 March 2024, 8:45 pm EST

• Posted 18 March 2024, 8:45 pm EST - Updated 18 March 2024, 8:50 pm EST

Hi C1,

there is a behavior change in PageHeader rendering.

I modified the report “ForcePageBreaks.flxr” from the “FlexReportExplorer” sample ( ForcePageBreaks.zip), so that each group is rendered on a new page, and I added a “PageHeader” section which should display the current group name.

With C1 .631 and before, this works - the page header prints the value from the current group:

With .636 and .643, it renders the value from the previous group:

Is this a bug or an expected change?

I found a workaround for our real world report: I duplicated the page header and added it also to the group header. With formatting scripts, I hide the page header on first page of a group, and hide the group header on all other pages. I could not print the group header on every page, as it was not rendered even though “MyHeader.Repeat” was set to “true” - maybe because we five grouping levels.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 20 March 2024, 12:13 am EST

Hello Wolfgang,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to us. We have escalated it to the developers to get their insights.

Rest assured, as soon as we get any updates, we’ll inform you.

[Internal tracking ID: C1WIN-31858]

As for the workaround you have implemented, which is not working properly for multiple groups, could you please share a report with dummy data so that we can observe and investigate the behavior?

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 20 March 2024, 7:30 pm EST

About my workaround (showing group header on first page, and rendering “Page header” on all other pages of the group): it works for me.

But when searching for a workaround, I first tried to repeat the group header on every page (by setting “Repeat = true”). This did not work in our real world report, the group header was printed only on the first page. But I cannot reproduce this with a sample report, so forget about this problem :wink:

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 21 March 2024, 3:35 pm EST

Hello Wolfgang,

We are glad to hear that you were able to work around this issue on your end.

If you encounter any further challenges or have any additional insights to share, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Regards,

Uttkarsh.

• Posted 25 March 2024, 8:50 pm EST

About the group header not repeated on every page: I posted a sample that reproduces the behavior in ticket https://developer.mescius.com/my-account/my-support/case/dd52ab1b-54eb-ee11-a204-00224827e905

Edit the file “Dienste_Dienstnachweis.flxr” and remove the “PageHeader.OnFormat” script. Now each page should contain page header and group header (which have the same content). But on page two of each person, only the page header is printed, not the group header.

Let’s continue the discussion in this ticket.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 27 March 2024, 11:37 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

The issue will be fix in the 2024v1 release. You can wait for the release, ETA: June 2024. We have asked for a workaround from the development team. If they have something, we will let you know.

Best Regards,

Nitin

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels