[Regression in .611] C1FlexGrid col with "Nullable<DateTime>"

Posted by: wknauf on 22 February 2024, 2:50 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 22 February 2024, 2:50 am EST - Updated 22 February 2024, 2:55 am EST

Before .611, C1FlexGrid supported columns with datatype = “DateTime” and a custom format.

Since .611, the custom format is not used.

See attached sample.

C1FlexGridDateTimeNullableSample.zip

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 22 February 2024, 3:54 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for providing the sample project. We could see the issue you mentioned on our end. We have reported it to the development team for further investigation and will update you as soon as possible.

[Internal Tracking ID: C1WIN-31757]

Best Regards,

Kartik

• Posted 28 February 2024, 11:51 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

As per the development team, it is a new intended change in the C1FlexGrid, where, setting the column DataType to DateTime or DateTime? automatically sets the column format to “d”.

To change this, you must either remove the column DataType setting from the code OR change the column format to “g” after the DataType is set.

Thanks, and Best Regards,

Kartik

• Posted 1 March 2024, 2:41 am EST

Thanks, I see. I don’t like the idea of changing the behavior this way, but I can solve it by restoring the Format back to the previous value. Hopefully, you had good reasons to do so ;-).

Most of the time, we set the column datatype by designer, so the issue would not happen. Only for e.g. “Nullable” this is not possible.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 12 March 2024, 10:18 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

We understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience.

JFYI, we asked the development team about this change and they shared that it was incorporated to fix a bug when using C1FlexGrid with EntityFramework and viewing/exporting the DateTime column [Internal Tracking ID: C1WIN-23925].

Best Regards,

Kartik

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels