Regression in .636: C1FlexGrid tree: rows might be invisible

Posted by: wknauf on 14 February 2024, 1:29 am EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 14 February 2024, 1:29 am EST - Updated 14 February 2024, 1:34 am EST

See attached sample (sorry for the german texts, I picked the tree data from our real app, as I could not reproduce it with sample data):

FlexNodeExpanded.zip

I build a C1FlexGrid tree, and directly after populating the child nodes of a parent node, I might collapse this parent node. Then I add further sibling nodes.

The result is that some parts of the tree are not visible.

This is the expected result (I collapsed all child nodes to make the tree structure clearer) - three child nodes are missing :

And this is the actual result (again I collapsed child nodes for better visibility):

All rows get visible again if I collapse and expand the root node.

This worked in .631, so I assume there is a regression.

A workaround could be to first populate the full tree, then collapse the nodes (this code is commented in the sample)

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 14 February 2024, 8:04 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks a lot for providing the sample project and all the necessary details. We could see the behavior you mentioned on our end. We have reported all the observations to the development team to get their insights on it and will update you as soon as possible.

[Internal Tracking ID: C1WIN-31660]

Best Regards,

Kartik

• Posted 22 February 2024, 3:53 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

As per the development team, this is a regression due to another change, and here is the updated tracking ID as you requested ;-).

[C1WIN-31739]

Best Regards,

Kartik

• Posted 13 March 2024, 4:56 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

We are glad to let you know that this issue has been fixed in the latest 2023v3(643) HF2 release. It is now available for installation from NuGet and will be available for installation from ComponentOneControlPanel in a few days.

Best Regards,

Kartik

• Posted 14 March 2024, 6:52 am EST

Hi Kartik,

thanks, I can confirm that it works.

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 23 March 2024, 11:07 pm EST - Updated 23 March 2024, 11:12 pm EST

I spoke too soon - in our real world app, there are still invisible nodes - seems to affect toplevel nodes.

See attached reworked sample:

FlexNodeExpanded_643.zip

This is the grid with .631:

And this is the broken version - toplevel nodes at the end are invisible:

Best regards

Wolfgang

• Posted 25 March 2024, 5:58 pm EST

Hi Wolfgang,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. We have shared all the details with the development team to get their insights on this and will let you know the updates as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Kartik

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels