Win Form Schedule 4.5.2

Posted by: santer.p75 on 8 January 2021, 8:26 pm EST

• Post Options:
    • Link

Posted 8 January 2021, 8:26 pm EST - Updated 3 October 2022, 2:26 pm EST

Hello, i have problems with scheduler owner id mapping of the appointments

I have a datatable with a column where other applications save events wich i have to show on the scheduler. the other application use guids to save the owner, one application with prefix postfix { } an an onther without the prefix postfixes. Scheduler accepts both of the values but removes the prefix / postfix so i loose the owner when i save modifications!

It is possibile to get some workaround to change the datatyp of owner id to string? Or can Schedule return the origianl value without modify the values?

I hope someone can help me…

• Posted 10 January 2021, 9:03 pm EST

Hi,

We can not replicate this issue at our end. We tried binding the schedule with data that has OwnerID as Guid and then added a new appointment and saved the data back to the database, when we re-run the sample it worked, and the IDs saved in the Database are the same as before with prefix/postfix. Please refer to the sample attached and provide us with a sample replicating your issue so that we can investigate this further and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Prabhat Sharma.

SchedulerGUID_mod.zip

• Posted 11 January 2021, 1:08 am EST

Hi,

the key is that you are blessed to have a column in the uniqueidentifier dataformat, i have a column in the chr dataformat becaus the database is not mine and i coud change the dataformat of thecolumn becaus is used with 2 other programs. So i have to deal with strings, i do converting myGUID.ToString(“B”) or myGUID.ToString() but this does not work, like described in the post before. After 3 days of try and error i dont know how it could be resolve with scheduler…

Regards

Peter

• Posted 12 January 2021, 7:28 pm EST

Hi,

You can add a new column of type GUID to the DataTable explicitly then use this column for OwnerID mapping and before updating the database, you can update the original string type OwnerId column from the newly added GUID column. You can use Guid.Parse() and ToString() method for the conversion.

Please refer to the sample attached, which contains the Appointments table which has the OwnerId as string.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Prabhat Sharma.

ScheduleChrID_mod1.zip

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels