Effortless Selection of Multiple Items
MultiSelect provides the most effortless approach to selecting multiple items from a .NET list. Text input with autocomplete and a drop-down of options further simplify the process for end-users.
Flexible, Smart Header Gives You Options
MultiSelect has a smart header that can display items as separate tags, plain text, or summarize the count when there are too many items selected.
A .NET Tag Editor for Label Modifications
The MultiSelect controls can be used to provide .NET tag editing and label editing functionality. A bound data source is not required.
Format the Header
The MultiSelect control has a customizable header that can display selected items either as text or as tags.
- Specify the separator character and enable wrapping.
- Configure the header to summarize the selected items once they go beyond a specified limit.
- Set the format string to show the item count.
Auto Complete Edit Mode
MultiSelect supports text input, which makes editing a list of labels or tags very easy. Once you enter some text in the control field, it starts searching for items that match the entered string and displays a list of possible results.
Multiple Data Bindings
MultiSelect can be bound to two different data sources.
- The DataSource is used to fill the list of all available items that are shown in the drop-down checklist.
- The TagsDataSource can be used to propagate end-user selection to some other data source, probably with different data structures than the DataSource.
- Furthermore, you can access selected items from the control to be used as a data source for any other control.
Extended Selection Modes
MultiSelect allows you to select specific items or all items from a defined list. You may control the selection mode (single, radio, multiple, extended), which defines how items in the list can be selected. Optionally, show or hide the checkboxes.
Learn More: WinForms
The C1 .NET MultiSelect control uses a separate C1CheckList component to display in the drop-down. You can use this component separately to provide a checklist for multiple item selection without the header or drop-down components. The C1CheckList allows you to highlight your selection as a checklist or as a simple list of items.