HP4000 PCL5E driver problems

Posted by: mew520 on 8 September 2017, 12:55 pm EST

• Posted 8 September 2017, 12:55 pm EST

We are using the "farpoint spread for windows forms 1.0.5.0" in an application.  A new printer was installed on a users machine that was a HP4000.  When they choose the collate option and 5 copies they get 5 of page one then 5 of page two instead of them alternating.  This is using the print method of the grid to generate the print.  Before I try upgrading the app to .NET 2.0 and the latest Farpoint Grid I wanted to make sure that something else was not causing the problem.

If we switch back to a HP5 driver the collating works.  My network guys have implemented this as a temporary solution and would like a long term solution to the problem.  Does anyone know of a reason why it would act this way?

• Replied 8 September 2017, 12:55 pm EST

Hello,

We use the PrintDocument class to print the Spread. I would suggest testing printing something else through the PrintDocument to see if it exhibits the same problem. If it does, you can also check printing from another Windows application, like Excel or NotePad.

If the problem does not exisit outside of Spread, I would suggest getting the latest release to see if this fixes the issue printing.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels