Memory leak in 4.0.3512.2008

Posted by: keno on 8 September 2017, 2:16 pm EST

• Posted 8 September 2017, 2:16 pm EST

There appears to be a memory leak that was introduced in 4.0.3512.2008.  After upgrading from 4.0.3509.2008, I noticed my application running out of memory.  Using the .NET Memory Profiler application, I noticed lots of SpreadView objects still in memory.  Rolling back to 4.0.3509.2008 fixed the problem.

After some investigation, it appears there is an event handler related to the skins that is not getting properly unsubscribed.

Please address ASAP.  In the meantime, I will be rolling back to the previous version.

• Replied 8 September 2017, 2:16 pm EST

I need to use the classic skin to make the spread look like it fits within my application, but I still see the leak.

Hi,

Do it this way.

Dim int As New FarPoint.Win.Spread.EnhancedInterfaceRenderer()
       int.GrayAreaColor = Color.White

0 = Default

1 = Classic

(This is a hack!! )

DefaultSpreadSkins.Skins(0) = DefaultSpreadSkins.Skins(1)
       DefaultSpreadSkins.Default.InterfaceRenderer = int

In this case, Spread will pick up Default SpreadSkin, which is already classic.

But, with the button or combobox remains in 3D, you need to set VisualStyles.Off on FPSpread.

This is how I get around it and still remains classic look.

As long as don't call Skin.Apply(Spread), it won't cause memory leaks issue.

Hello Keno,

Are you facing the same problem as shared in this post? If yes, then we have already forwarded the request to the concerned team for further investigations.

Will update you once will get the response.

Thanks.

Yes, this appears to be the same problem that I am having.  Please add me to the list.

Thank you

Keno

Hi,

I notice the same issue in Spread 5. If you don't use DefaultSkin, that should fix the problem.

As long as Skin.Apply(FpSpread), it creates the problem.

I get it workaround by using Classic skin, OR, DefaultSpreadSkins(0) = DefaultSpreadSkins(1) then, modify your EnhanceInterfaceRenderer in the DefaultSkin.

Hello,

The problem you have stated has already been reported as bug earlier and has been fixed in latest maintenance release of Spread 4.

So, please try upgrading your Spread to version 4.0.3515.2008 and let us know your further observations on the same.

Thanks.

Need extra support?

Upgrade your support plan and get personal unlimited phone support with our customer engagement team

Learn More

Forum Channels