SpreadJS 11, Service Pack 2
SpreadJS now supports React and Vue.js!
SpreadJS now supports being used with the React and Vue.js frameworks! This includes specific tags as well as elements and events that make using the two together easy. With SpreadJS being released on NPM, you can use it with the frameworks by either using traditional HTML or the NPM package.
SpreadJS NPM Package
SpreadJS has now been publicly released as an NPM package! The package can be downloaded and used in your applications, which makes it easy to keep it updated without having to re-download and replace manually. Read more
To install the SpreadJS NPM Package, simply install it by using the command line:
npm install @grapecity/spread-sheets
You can also use the Package Manager in Visual Studio 2017 and search for "grapecity".
Customize range group interfaces using CSS
You will now be able to customize how the range group interface looks using CSS classes. This includes the icon, lines, group dots, and the outline area.
Sheet Area Offset
The sheet area now has an offset, which fixes issues where borders did not show. In previous versions, if the headers were hidden, then borders would not show on the topmost row and/or leftmost column. The offset now fixes this issue.
SpreadJS 11, Service Pack 1
In previous versions, undo and redo for custom commands had to be handled with multiple functions. Now the user only needs to define the "execute" function, making it much simpler.
FilterDialog UI enhancement
SpreadJS now supports tree hierarchies in the filter dialog, useful for dates and outlines. The hierarchies support conditional filters like text, number, and date, as well as color.
Protection Options enhancement
More protection options have been added to the sheet, including allowDragInsertRows/Columns, allowInsertRows/Columns, and allowDeleteRows/Columns. These options can also be set in the designer.
You can now add custom icons for individual IconCriterion in a custom icon set.
Diagonal line borders are now supported in cells and ranges. Several line styles are included, and they're supported in JSON serialize/deserialize, ExcelIO, and printing.
SpreadJS now supports vertical text in cells, just like Excel. Properties include alignment, indent, word-wrap, etc.
This feature is similar to the single underline support currently in SJS, but now provides a double underline option—ideal for any financial or accounting application. This also works well with the Cell Alignment, ForeColor, WordWrap, Indent, ShrinkToFit, and CellOverflow options.
New in SpreadJS v11
Spread.Sheets can now successfully import and export Excel files with charts. With Spread.Sheets, customers can make changes to those charts, and developers are given the tools to add and edit charts with the Spread.Sheets Designer. New charts include column, bar, line, pie, doughnut, area, scatter, bubble, stock, and combination.
Line, stacked column, pie, and stylized stacked column:
New function support: 462 total!
SpreadJS now features a more extensive function library with 462 functions—more than any other spreadsheet component! The functions are for use in scientific, statistical, engineering and business formulas:
We've added the following enhancements to SpreadJS:
- The HitTest functionality is now supported at the workbook level.
- Columns can now be easily indented for tree structures.
- Events have been added for when sheets are moved around.
- The Hyperlink Cell Type now supports callback actions when the users clicks on them.
- Text cell types can now be vertically aligned in edit mode.
- The formula text box can now be used inside of cells.
- Hyperlinks can now utilize the textIndent property.
- Our SpreadJS JSON file size has been reduced by matching Excel’s validation feature storage.
- The Excel quote prefix feature is now supported.
- Gridlines and borders for the first column and row now show completely after printing.
- Excel 2013-2016 functions are now supported.
- Cells can now be merged with drag selection.
- Added a comment property to the NameInfo class.
- The Excel Accounting format is now supported.
- Hyperlinks can now utilize the wordWrap property.
- ToJSON and FromJSON now have enhanced options.
- Support for exporting to PDF files has been added.
- Context menus have been added.
- You can now use built-in context menus in SpreadJS for user actions instead of having to build them from the ground up.
- UMD patters and the NPM server are now supported.
Customer-reported bug fixes
- SSJSON files no longer grow in the Spread Designer 
- Filtering columns no longer makes other columns blank 
- No more performance issues with copy/paste from Excel to Spread 
- DataValidation dropdowns no longer missing when exporting to Excel 
- No more performance issue with exporting large data to Excel 
- Sort order in filter dialog has been fixed 
- No more performance issues with grouping 
- Fixed problems with copying formulas in formula text box 
- Client ExcelIO now works in IE10 
- Header cells can now be copied from SpreadJS to Excel 
- Comment export in the Designer has been fixed 
For a detailed listing of fixed issues, please see the Release Notes for each platform.